Monday 22 June 2015

Motivational Monday: Where Are You Now?



Almost half way through the year and there is no better time than now to look at your goals for 2015 and take an accounting of where you are. 
Look at the list of goals you made at the end of last year.

Wait. Some of you don’t have a written list of goals?

Outrageous!

No worries, you can still play along.

Write your goals down on paper now.
I’ll wait for you.

Are you on track to complete your goals? Are you behind on some of your goals? Have your priorities changed in some way that means your goals necessarily have to change now? 

Goals are also nothing more than happy talk unless you review your progress and make adjustments to stay on course. If you are on track, congratulations! If you are off track or falling behind, now is the time to decide what has to change and to make some new commitments.

What Needs to Change?

What do you need to do differently in order to reach your goals? What do you need to do more of? What do you need to stop doing? What goals did you commit to at the start of the year but haven’t yet taken any action on? What new goals do you need to commit to now?

Goals are meaningless unless you take massive action to reach them, which is why I create Discipline Lists. Lists of things that I have to do daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly in order to reach my goals. I find this to be easier than reviewing my goals every week, because I have what I need to do automatically showing up in my task manager every day.

What needs to go on your Discipline Lists in order for you to reach your goals? 
  
Use the comments box to send me your thoughts, your ideas, your stories, and your questions.
  
Do good work this week.

That is all –
David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger