Monday 20 May 2013

Self-Respect (Continued Part II)



Last week I posed a few questions, one of which was: How do we raise our self-esteem and keep it at a high level?
I know for me it has been and is still is a daily and almost constant battle to keep my self-esteem at a normal to high level. Some days I do better than others.
What has changed over the past year or so is that I have realized what it is that triggers my self-esteem ups and downs.
So what is self-esteem? According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, self-esteem is a confidence and satisfaction in oneself or self respect. Easily said, so how do we gain confidence and satisfaction in ourselves? Why is it that some people have higher self-esteem and some have lower self-esteem?
Here is what I’ve discovered:Self esteem is inseparable from your values and your integrity.
Next week we can explore values and integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger