Tuesday 17 February 2015

Successful People Do What Others Are Not Willing To Do

‘Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.
Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.’

I’ll be the first person to admit that I am not the best looking, the most charming or the most intelligent person around. I also do not come from a wealthy family so I have faced some adversity climbing the ladder of success.

Because I couldn’t rely on those things I just mentioned, I knew that I had to make up for it in other areas. One area in particular that we can all utilise is “effort.”

Effort is free and effort doesn’t care if you are rich, poor, good looking, super smart or anything else. Where other people may be better at me in some areas, one area where I refuse to be defeated is in the effort department.

In addition, you will never hear me blame anyone for any of my problems because I know that any problems or challenges that I face in my life can be traced back to choices that I have made.

If I am not making enough money, I know that I didn’t do what was necessary to make more money. If my business is underperforming I know as the leader it is my responsibility.
If my body isn’t looking the way that I want it to look, I don’t blame my genes because I know I can trace a large part back to my diet and exercise.

One thing that I have noticed from a lot of people is that they don’t take accountability for their business, their success, their failures or any of several other areas.

Your success is 100% determined by you and you alone…

We all face challenges in business and that goes for everyone. There will always be something that we face that we feel as though is unique to us but we all face those challenges.

One advantage that I have had is I had some tremendous mentors that helped me immensely. I watched what they did and I patterned many of my processes from what they were doing. Just for reference, many of my mentors didn’t go to university and they are making significant incomes. This goes to show that education by itself does not make one successful.

None of my mentors ever blamed any of their problems on anyone other than themselves. They worked hard and they were absolutely determined when it came to their business. I have also paid close attention to what unsuccessful people have done to make sure not to follow in their footsteps. I’ve noticed that the one simple difference in between the successful and unsuccessful is “willingness”.

As the quote above said, successful people are willing to do the things that others are not willing to do. So here are 5 things successful people do …

Go to Work to Prosper, Not Just to Work – The successful go to work to get something accomplished. They work to make their dreams a reality not just to punch the clock for their 8 hours. There is a drive, even a hunger to get something done.

Be Driven – The most successful people I know are driven and push and shove until the job is done and goals are hit and then they start all over again. They are driven to do the hard things long after others are only doing those things that are comfortable.

No Excuses - Successful people know that regardless of how many excuses they make, it will not change the outcome. Even justified excuses will not make a project or person successful. When things go wrong the successful person sees it as an opportunity.

Focused – Successful people are always focused on success. It is my experience that if you can stay focused on what you want, you will get it or darn close no matter how absurd the goal. Make the things you want and have not yet accomplished so real in your mind that they become real in your world.

Willing to Fail – The old saying, “no risk, no reward” really applies to the successful. These people go for it with almost a willingness to fail. They aren’t interested in failing, but know that if they don’t put themselves in a position to fail, they never create the ability to win. At some point in life, you will have to go for it or you will live the rest of your life regretting not doing so.

I would be happy to help you with anything that you need.

Committed to Excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger