Monday 21 September 2015

Motivational Monday: Just SMILE!

This morning I made a conscious decision to keep a smile on my face. After a short time I noticed that the way I felt started to change. Then I recalled the connection between physiology and emotion. Your body seeks congruence between emotion and physiology, so you can select the emotion you experience by engaging in the corresponding physiology.
So if I smile for 5 minutes (the physiology) I will feel the corresponding emotion (happiness). Try it for yourself. Just take 5 minutes and put an ear to ear smile on your face. 
Just SMILE!
Hold it for a full 5 minutes and notice what happens.
Simple. What I love about this technique is that it really is simple. You can do it anywhere, you don’t need to practice, you don’t need any training just your beautiful face. Just put a smile on your face and notice what happens to the thoughts in your head.
Magical. I think there is a little magic in everybody’s smile. Have you ever noticed the effect that someone smiling has on you, even if it is a complete stranger? Doesn’t it feel good? That is why I make a point to smile at complete strangers, and bask in the warmth of their smile when they smile back.
Incredible. It really is an incredible gift to be able to smile. But what is really incredible is how something so seemingly small can create such a massive change in the way you and others feel.
Loving. Smiling is a great way of putting loving positive energy out into the world. I had a friend once point out to me that when I was out that I didn’t smile. I was surprised, but it made sense why sometimes strangers didn’t respond positively to me when I talked to them. You can say and do almost anything if you do it with a smile.
Effective. Give this a try for a few days and you will see how effective simply smiling is. I remember being told by that a significant amount of depression could be alleviated by smile therapy. Besides, what’s the worst thing that could happen? You may end up feeling good for no reason.
Just SMILE!
Whatever you do in life empathy is a beneficial trait. To be empathetic is to try to understand another’s feelings, which is something most people do subconsciously. There are several papers that suggest the people around us pick up on our emotional state and return a similar state - what we put out to others we get in return. Smiles are contagious and need to be exuded during interactions.
Just SMILE!
Smile often, make people laugh, think positively and be the happiest version of you that you can be.
My thought for the day:
Your smile has the power to improve the day of those around you.
That is all –
David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger